Thursday, May 24, 2012

No job? Going to the gym!

I am feeling pretty proud of myself. I have no responsibilities at the moment, I could sleep in all day if I wanted (as long as I still did my dissertation work later!).

But I wake up around 7:30 and get myself to the gym, run my errands, clean the house and then settle in for some school work. Being lighter and fitter has given me a ton more energy.

Weighing in at 128.6 today. Pretty happy about that. I had two shots of tequila with a friend last night... didn't go over calories, didn't get trashed, but got a small buzz and had a lovely night. This is how I want to treat alcohol - once every few weeks, when it feels really right, and not going overboard :)

I still can't believe I am under 130. Being overweight for ten plus years, and then kind of plateauing at a low-but-I-am-still-not-happy weight for years really made me distrust myself and my abilities. Now I am where I have ALWAYS dreamed of being, even when I was a little chubby girl who pretended she was a hot-shot beauty :)

It feels so ephemeral, like it is all going to be whisked away from me. But I know the truth: if I keep working, being active, eating right... no one can take this away from me but me :)

I am working on getting my mind and body in sync... believing I am this person!

3 comments:

  1. One of the reasons we leave on our Summer Adventure each year is that my husband has trouble transitioning from the hectic pace of the school year directly into absolutely no agenda. We tried waiting a week or two before leaving, but he quickly decided he liked it this was better. By the time we get home, he'll be all relaxed just in time to teaching his summer term during the month of July!! (The other reason we like going so early is getting a lot of territory covered before most schools are out and the crowds come!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Congratulations on your weight loss and looking after yourself going out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I saw you are following my blog and wanted to say HI!

    This post is amazing, especially your statement, "It feels so ephemeral, like it is all going to be whisked away from me. But I know the truth: if I keep working, being active, eating right... no one can take this away from me but me :)"

    That's exactly how I feel right now and I will remind myself that no one can take this away from me but me. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete