Thursday, May 3, 2012

Some pictures, as promised

Thought not my most thrilling or breathtaking hike ever, I am posting some pictures. Letting everyone in on a little piece of my life :)

I am going camping/hiking again in the Adirondacks this weekend. There may be a view or two to share with you all then!

A fork of the Boquet River

My favorite flowers are starting to bloom!! Trillium :)

Me and the guy

We stopped on our way home to visit Roaring Brook Falls by Giant Mountain



So, that was my Tuesday :)

Afterwards, we went to Grandma's to celebrate her birthday. We sat and had a nice talk with her. She's super sharp for 97.

Chris and I both turned down cake, even though it was really hard to do so (one: it feels socially rude to turn down bday cake!, two: my family are Italians and want to make you eat!). But we just told her we weren't eating flour and sugar right now, so we passed.

It felt good. I always eat socially. And I feel weird telling people no! At first, Chris and I decided to just have a little piece of cake and not worry about it. But that is not what this challenge is about. And, doubly so, it is not how I want to live my life. If I don't want cake or can't fit it into my day, why should I eat it? And this was a good step towards caring about my health and my body before social or emotional situations.

We both felt pretty damn good and strong about it!

Might not blog again till Sunday/Monday since I will be leaving early tomorrow for the camping trip!

Stay beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute! And now you've made me want cookies and cake... thanks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your pictures and I want to go toooo!
    I've never even seen that flower before!

    You guys look perfect together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics!

    Congrats on being strong and not having cake! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete