Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Best Paleo Muffins Yet!

Most paleo recipes for more dessert-y type foods I have tried so far have been successful in taste but not always in texture!

Most paleo recipes call for just a small amount of almond flour or coconut flour and a lot of eggs/bananas/dates, etc. So they are often wetter than normal and don't *quite* give me that biting-into-bread feeling.

But THESE! THESE are heaven. They are almond flour blueberry muffins. They are soft, fluffy, golden, sweet and tasty! Chris is very, very, very happy with these. We don't get cravings much, but when we do, we are always looking for something like this to satisfy them.




Here is the recipe in case you want these noms, too :)

Almond flour berry muffins

2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
3 eggs

Directions:
1 Heat oven to 325°F

2 In a small saucepan, simmer the berries with the water until the berries release their juice and the mixture has thickened slightly. Let cool.

3 Combine the dry ingredients.

4 Combine the wet ingredients (berries too) in a separate bowl.

5 Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.

6 Evenly fill each baking cup with the batter.

7 Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.


GAH! SO EASY! Seriously. Easiest and most tasty muffins yet :)

I will say I altered the recipe a little. I put in extra cinnamon, some nutmeg and a little coriander :D I also put in some shredded almonds for extra almond flavor and a little crunch! Also, I used a cinnamon infused honey for the extra yum.

4 comments:

  1. They sound awesome! Just FYI, I noticed WalMart has Bob's Mills almond meal (about $10)...I haven't tried it yet (I don't trust myself around muffins, even if they are Paleo) but when I want to do some baking for an occasion or if the kids want to try a recipe, I was surprised to see they carried it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I just found your blog, and will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these tonight and they were great. My first paleo baking adventure. Mine turned out purple from the blueberries, probably simmered them too long. Still taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. PLease provide a link to printable version!!

    ReplyDelete