Saturday, June 23, 2012

Food Prep

I prep a lot of food. A lot. Sometimes I am overwhelmed! Usually not, though, because Chris and I make a "date" of it and spend time together in the kitchen.

Here is what we prepped in the past two hours:
Sweet potato, green apple, bacon hash for BBQ tonight
Breakfast for Sunday: broccoli, spinach and chicken quiche
Hiking lunch for Sunday (normal assortment of hiking foods, all paleo)
Fruit salad for the week (kiwi, mango, blueberries, apple... lots of prep!)
Roasted chicken breasts for the week
Almond flour blueberry muffins
(***During all this I made Chris and I smoothies: unsweetened vanilla almond milk, blueberries, and a scoop of So Delicious Passion Mango coconut milk ice cream.... THIS IS A MUST TRY***)

CRAZY. Seriously busy. I felt like I was in a professional kitchen, prepping for dinner service!!

Running all around, having several dishes, pans, etc going at once.

Sweating!

Making a HUGE sink of dishes (oy).

I momentarily apologized to Chris for all the trouble and the mess. He said, "I would rather prep this food with you and do these dishes than put junk into my body. Thank you!"

He thanked me :D He even told me I was amazing (he is being quite sweet lately, haha!) and that he appreciated all the delicious food we make together. It makes being paleo easy to adhere to!

It IS a lot of work. But it's worth it, and I have a partner who helps me, so I am going to keep on keeping on :D

All this prepped food makes sure there are no excuses for me, saying "I am too busy, I'll just eat whatever!!".

We are super busy this evening and all day tomorrow. But this afternoon was spent preparing for it :)

Okay... I am off to go be busy and have fun this weekend!

Namaste :D


No comments:

Post a Comment