Thursday, November 5, 2015

One goal hit ...

So, big goal hit. I submitted my dissertation draft to my advisor yesterday. Now, that doesn't really mean much except that I completed a full draft. I have a committee that is going to read it and send it back eventually with things to fix (and I am just praying it is nothing crazy - like more research or a complete re-haul of the whole paper!). But still. I did it!

When I found out I was pregnant, I made a promise to myself to finish up this part of my life and finish this paper (and hopefully graduate because of it!). I didn't know if it was possible... I had been exhausted my first trimester and third trimester. My second trimester saw a burst of energy where I did the majority of the hard work.

I've been dedicating all of my energy to this - all my thought and time. When I really get motivated, I really get motivated! In all aspects of life whether it is school or health and fitness or anything else! Gives me hope that I will be able to lose this baby weight when the time comes :)

You might be hearing from me more - I hope to document a little bit of how this pregnancy has gone, the HUGE changes my eating has gone through (not so great), and what I hope to change in the coming weeks.

I am 10 days out from my due date and getting very excited :)  I am also very, very pleased I get to enjoy the last few days of this pregnancy without rushing home after work to work on my dissertation! I am going to relax and enjoy fully <3

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you about your paper. Crossing fingers that it's well accepted.

    If I had been more aware of high inflammatory foods in my own diet (grains and dairy, but I didn't know at the time), I think I could have saved my daughter and myself a lot of physical pain. She had colic, I had a tough time breast feeding. Oh, me. Oh her, oh, US.

    Anyhoo, good luck and I can't wait to hear about your arrival. Karen P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats!

    Ditto what Karen said. I used to do phone support for breastfeeding moms. The big four (dairy, soy, wheat, nuts) used to show up as fussy babies a lot. Caffeine too. Even fresh veggies can be issue if they are major gas producers. Steam them to release gas. My grandma reminded me not to eat tons of apples just because it was harvest time. Moderation and thoughtful eating is much easier than a fussy baby with a very sore belly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting your paper done and all good wishes for the exciting weeks ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! It must be a huge relief to have at least the first draft DONE! Enjoy these last few weeks. Sleep, take care of yourself, and can't wait to hear the news that the little one is here safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry about the "not so great" food. I think it's great that you are being more flexible with your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand the completion of your diss. draft - it's a huge milestone ! I have a PhD in lit. from NYU.
    Kudos!! Enjoy the feeling of success :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering if baby is here yet? Enjoy the rest and spend some time with your hubby. Really treasure it!

    ReplyDelete