Saturday, November 21, 2015

Almost a week overdue

And no posts because pretty much my every thought revolves around the thought of "When will this baby be here?!" And that's pretty boring! So I haven't subjected you guys to several posts surrounding that theme:)

I'm pretty eager to meet this kid! 

If I don't go into labor this weekend, they're going to induce me early next week. I really hope to avoid needing pitocin but what needs to happen will.

I'm getting acupuncture today to try and get my body primed for labor and I hope it helps urge things along. Walked 10,000 steps yesterday, started this morning off with a 2 1/2 mile walk and ate a nice spicy Thai dinner last night!


But the baby is only going to come when it's ready, and I can't force it to happen this weekend, I just don't like the thought of forcing my body into labor with drugs. But I know at some point, the baby has to come out because it is just getting bigger every day and less likely that I'll be able to do this naturally. I'm just hoping for the best, doing what I can to get my body ready for labor, and will listen to my doctors and do what is best for both of us.

I'm also pretty tired of being pregnant. My belly is humongous, I can't move around so well, I tire so easily, and I want to get on the path to getting my normal body back (i'm not naïve enough to think I'm going to look like I did before I got pregnant, but I just want my strength and flexibility back most of all! I'm tired of not being able to bend down and clean or get up off the floor easily, things like that!)

So send me good vibes - I want to have this baby!!! :)

8 comments:

  1. So excited for you. Healthy baby, healthy momma. I'd trust my docs on the overdue part and managing risk.

    Take care and can't wait until you can meet your little one. What an awesome life transition. So happy I had my little girl 15 years ago. Now, not little. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son was 2+ weeks overdue and they induced. I had him naturally and all was good. The doctor told me that sometimes with first babies it's like your body isn't quite sure how to get into labor. I dunno, but apparently it's not uncommon. The last 2 weeks were so long! Hang in there - you're in the home stretch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plenty of good vibes coming your way ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you are having your baby as I type this!!! Make sure you let us know (get your husband to type it on your blog). Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wondering about you all week. Hope things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting to hear your good news.. is baby here yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. More good vibes coming your well, and good wishes too.
    Hope all is well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read coming your way ...

      Thinking of you

      All the best Jan

      Delete