Sunday, November 15, 2015

Due Date

It's the morning of my due date ... I was sure hoping to be meeting my baby today, but based on how I feel, I think that's probably not going to happen!

It's such a strange feeling to be completely not in control of this situation! I love being in control :) But this has been a good life lesson... For the most part, I've just been accepting of all the changes in my body and my life, trying to go with the flow instead of fight it.

But! Oh, I am getting so eager to have this baby.

Also - I'm going to work till I do have this baby, because I technically can physically and everything, but, wow, I really don't want to. Financially, it's the best choice. Comfort-wise, not so much! But I'll keep plugging along. I don't want to use any of my leave time till the baby arrives, because that would mean less time off when baby does come.

So - send good labor type vibes that I do have this little one soon!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Not being in control of the situation, welcome to parenting and real life. You'll be able to navigate it. Acceptance is key. Surf those waves.

    I worked (in a lab where I was on my feet all day) up until 1 week before my due date. My doc was okay writing me off 3 weeks before, but I stopped when the pain became too much. I wanted time AFTER the baby came, which was helpful along with finances, too. Same as you. And the culture in my lab was to go into labor while at work, hand off to someone and walk to Labor and Delivery in the hospital... LOL.

    Take care and here's to a safe delivery for you and the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck - it won't be long... they don't let you go too much over these days. Not like my two, one was 19 days overdue and the other 22 days. Just awful. You'll meet your baby any day now I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I want to live a peaceful, healthy, happy life ?
    live healthier lives

    ReplyDelete