Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Didn't grow it, but sure did make it!

I like that all the food in my house was MADE by me.

It might have been grown by someone else, but I make it into meals.

Everything in the house is a whole ingredient (excluding pre-made turkey burgers for emergencies and my beloved lara bars :D which I only eat on hikes!)

My "breads," my smoothies, my muffins, my nut "oatmeal", everything made with my hands! Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks... every protein was cooked by me or my guy, every veggie was washed and cut and cooked by me. No one in a factory somewhere put together my food and packaged it up.

It's hard work and it takes a good portion of time out of my day! But it is getting easier, I am getting better at it, and it is so, so worth it.

Also, Chris and I make sure our "after work" quality time isn't just spent on the couch. We get into the kitchen, prep some food for the next few days, get dinner all ready, and then enjoy a meal together before going for a walk or to a friend's house :)

I am glad I am making all these changes now, making them a stable part of my life now, so that when life gets hectic, I have routines and habits to fall back on.

Things are going well here in my neck of the woods. Looking forward to the weekend.... though I wish I was finishing my 46 this weekend!!!!! But we are volunteering in the same mountains we love so much, cleaning up the trails and whatnot, and then going to spend a day or two at Chris' family's cabin up by Old Forge. So a very nice weekend :)

Hoping that next weekend sees us finishing our 46 and joining the ranks of people I admire very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment