Friday, May 18, 2012

Dinner party success

I had a great time last night :)

We invited two other couples over, and they stayed for more than 5 hours, we were all telling stories and eating and having a great time!

Even more impetus for me... this lifestyle isn't hindering anything. I have more smiles, not less, because of it!

One couple brought over an apple, raspberry spinach salad with balsamic dressing.. so great!

The other couple brought a huge fruit platter (mangos, kiwis, etc.. mmm).. also so great!

I also ended up making paleo banana bread to share.

So dinner was colorful and healthy!  - lean meat (pork and chicken meatloaf), spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, bacon, apples

Dessert was also! - coconut flour banana bread with walnuts and all the fruit you could want

I overate a little. Probably 400 or so extra calories. Not ideal, but also not freaking me out. I've been really good on calories for a long time, so a little splurge of super healthy, whole, clean food? Not going to send this girl into a spiral :)

I felt full, more full than I've felt in a long time, but it wasn't too bad... it wasn't a bloaty, tummy-gurgling, wince-inducing kind of full. The food was so lovely and good for us, I felt like my body kind of welcomed the overeating (weird to say)!

But back to normal today and for the weekend, going to continue eating paleo and eating clean and going to stay within calories.

Won't be hard to stay within calories tomorrow... we have an 18 mile hike planned for the day... so we are looking at about 2000 extra calories I COULD eat (though I will probably only eat an extra 1000). We are prepping chicken, sweet potatoes, tuna, and hard-boiled eggs to bring with us.... along with our trust lara bars and seed/nut/fruit trail mix!

You won't hear from me tomorrow... I'll be pretty darned busy, haha. But if I am feeling alive and well on Sunday, I will check in.

This hike is a big one for us, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanette, So glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment. You are so right - what a small world! Was it just coincidence that you found my blog while I was visiting your city? We loved that farmer's market on capitol plaza - I enjoyed samples of several things that the gluten-free bakery person had and talked with her for quite some time. I've read your last couple of entries and bookmarked your your blog to get caught up. Hope we can continue supporting each other through our blogs. Sharon

    ReplyDelete