Saturday, November 19, 2016

Down a leg for the year...

Good news: my dissertation is being published and I am done! Amazing - I can have a normal life again!

Well. Until the bad news.

I fell while hiking two weeks ago (leaves on a steep slope) and messed up my ankle.  I just got the official diagnosis, a level III sprain that can take up to three months to heal. I am stuck in an air cast, prescribed rest, ice, elevation and physical therapy.

Agggh!!

 So for the past two weeks, my 10 to 15,000 step count per day has gone down to under 2000.  And I am up 4 pounds. I got really used to eating a certain way because I was very active every day. But now I have some changes to make if I'm going to be decently sedentary for a while!

It's a challenge -  we are hosting Thanksgiving, and my sons birthday party the Saturday after. But I'm tightening up my usual, daily meals. Also going to focus on some exercises that don't use my ankle - arms and core.  I don't need all my hard work losing the baby weight to be undone :)

Other than that - things are going ok! I'm reading for fun and watching tv again (Westworld!) and getting to enjoy nights at home (or going out to see friends, 100% guilt free -  no school work hanging over my head). Hunter's turning one on Wednesday and is a delightful ball of sass and energy. I'm excited to celebrate with him!

That's it for me, for now. I might blog a little more, because one, I need something to do and two, it might help keep me more accountable as I recover with this ankle!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear from you - happy birthday to your little boy :) It must be so great to be able to relax again after all of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news about your dissertation ... but so sorry to read about your ankle.
    Hope it heals soon.

    Happy Thanksgiving and early Happy Birthday wishes to Hunter.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little girl is going on a year here. UGH! Hope your able to update soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your leg mend? How are you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondered how you were all doing?
    Sending my good wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete