Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Post-holidays Awesomes

I've never really understood the postholiday blues. People told us we would experience something similar with our wedding, that all the excitement leading to that one day would culminate in being kind of sad afterwords -- that the party was over, our friends were gone, the focus was off of us, whatever.

I didn't feel that way about my wedding and I don't feel that way now, about Christmas. Yes, there was a lot of excitement leading up to Christmas and a lot of looking forward to all the nice times. And then we had nice times, and they were really awesome. I got a really awesome day, and really awesome memories, and that's nothing to be sad about.

Now I have all those other things in life to look forward to. I'm seeing friends and a show this weekend. New Year's Eve is less than a week away. I have my daily walks with my dog that I look forward to. TV nights with friends. Chris's birthday is coming up. My new job will be starting soon. All the awesome things that encapsulate LIFE.

So, I'm urging everyone, don't be sad because something great is over. Be so grateful that it happened at all.

Not sure how much I weigh, I won't weigh at an unfamiliar scale just once. Who knows what it'll say or if it'll be lined up with my scale at home at all.

The past two days have not been Paleo or very clean. We are heading home tonight and to our normal food. We will be heading away for one more night this weekend, but we are going to have salad then foods we normally eat with us.

So I'm not focusing on my weight right now, today while I'm still at Chris's parents house. Going to enjoy these last few hours in the house, watching the snow fall and talking with the family.

I hope everyone is as grateful for today as they were for yesterday, and smiles just as much.


Our Christmas walk yesterday :)

Namaste <3

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you had a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see the snow in your pictures. We've had a lot of rain in parts of the UK. Because of power cuts etc some peoples Christmas has been in dis-array. However the great British spirit and help in the different communities has helped.

    So wishing them, you and all fellow bloggers a Happy and Healthy 2014 - which will be here in the blink of an eye ..... the days go so quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been like you - not paleo or clean and no scales to weigh on. I can wait until I get home in January - time to right the little bit of damage I've done! I usually lose weight from now on because we walk more and eat very clean. It is summer here so salads and BBQ food most days. It sure looks cold where you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your attitude about the holidays and feeling sad afterwards. I find that there's always something to look forward to, if you look forward. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas is all about spending time with loved ones...then you have the entire following year to look forward to. No need to feel sad! Glad you had a good holiday:)

    ReplyDelete