Friday, December 27, 2013

Post-Christmas Weigh In

So I bit the bullet and weighed in today, on my own scale and at the normal time- 120.2! Seems like my goal of seeing 119 going into the new year is entirely possible, after all.

This weigh in hardens my resolve- the more possible a goal seems, the harder I work to get it... And this is very possible!

It also changes my plans a little, as far as drinking. We are heading downstate tonight (closer to CT) for a show, and we are staying overnight (free hotel room). Lots of friends are attending the same show, too, so it'll be extra fun. However, I don't think I'll be drinking as much as everyone else- I'll probably have a couple, though, and make room for it in my calories! I was originally planning to let a little more loose tonight, but NYE is coming up (where I will definitely indulge like it was a Roman orgy, hahaha) and I want to be at goal that night!

Chilling out at home for now- had my yogurt, about to workout, have my coffee and do a little school work!

Namaste, my friends!


4 comments:

  1. Jeanette, you are young, and so I understand it, but from my perspective looking at you, having a glass of alcohol is probably as bad (worse) than having a chocolate candy bar. Your body treats sugar (especially empty sugar) as sugar, no matter what it is. I'm just sayin....

    of course you can keep this up as long as you want. I'm just saying your body would probably prefer that you don't. You have to decide if it's worth the sacrifice or not.

    Either way: love you and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still enjoy wine and don't see that changing anytime soon. I've made so many life changes but also believe that life needs to be enjoyed as well. There is a balance to be had in all things. For me it is not all about weight, more overall health and enjoyment of life. I can see no reason not to enjoy the time with your friends and have a couple of drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lynda - it's all about balance. Because weight is one part of it, then there's everything else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is all about finding the balance that is right for you. I'm with Lynda here as I do enjoy a glass of wine at home, out with friends. The lifestyle we choose must suit - but you are doing well and should be pleased.

    Looking ahead Happy New Year

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete