Friday, December 20, 2013

Enjoying the world in a physical and visceral way ;)

Chris had the day off today and we both decided to do something active instead of going to the movies or something (I want to see the Hobbit!!)...

It's really more of our whole value package to do something free and active than to pay for something that keeps us sedentary. Sometimes, I wish we were more of the go-out-and-have-dinner-and-go-to-a-movie type of couple.... but, in the end, our lifestyle makes me happy, pleasantly exhausted, and fulfilled- and healthy!!!

So he got me up at 5:45 AM, I didn't kill him, we had coffee and headed up north for a little snowshoeing adventure! We got about an hour and a half of completely isolated and lovely winter hiking in... and then it started to freezing rain, and then rain hard. So we turned around before our goal, but still had a fun day. I like being in the Adirondacks, in general, even for a short jaunt!





We're a couple for a reason. We like the same things and value the same things. We love nature, hiking, being physical, being fit and healthy, and enjoying this world in a very visceral way (odd phrasing, that... but it's true. We like to get down and dirty and sometimes suffer a little and feel how powerful and crazy this world can be, first hand!).

Got home in the afternoon (after a stop off to give a friend a ride whose car broke down!), and I settled in to a super hot, cozy, bubble bath with cedarwood aromatherapy powder!! Wow, that was pleasant.

Now, I'm sleepy. Now, I feel like curling up in bed and watching a movie with Chris - those lazy rewards are so much more awesome after I've earned them :D

Namaste, move your body, nourish it well, smile big and bright!!!

3 comments:

  1. awww, to be young. ;) Glad you had a great day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day... I hope you get to see The Hobbit, I'm from Middle Earth (New Zealand).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why you couldn't do both - hike and then a movie? I always feel better leaving the dogs after we've had a super long walk.

    ReplyDelete