Monday, December 23, 2013

No sleep, carb coma

So, my weekend is really awesome, really fun. I spent most of it with friends and family.

Saturday was the Brother's Past concert, started off by going to a turkey dinner at a friend's house. I decided I would drink alcohol that night, but not too much. I had a few glasses of wine at my friends house and one beer when I got to the concert. I was glad I didn't overdo it but still enjoyed myself! I did get quite a buzz. And we danced till very late, it was morning by the time the show ended.

And by some unfortunate twist of fate, I could not fall asleep by the time we got home. It was almost daylight by the time we got home and it's just very difficult for me to settle down at that point.

So, no sleep on Saturday night. And at noon on Sunday I had a family party. (The party itself was really great, it was great to talk to all my cousins and aunts and uncles and, especially my grandma!!) I hadn't eaten by the time I got to the family party and they were serving only pizza and eggplant Parmesan. So I ate it. It was my only meal of the day, but it was about the opposite of everything I ever eat.

Sleep deprivation and extreme hunger are not what you want to be feeling when you go into a carbs only food situation!

My payment for that string of bad decisions? 123.

Not great, but expected. I'm sure it'll be less tomorrow because I'm going to cleanse my body of alcohol and grains for the next couple days! And I'm going to make better decisions when we get to Chris's family's house for Christmas. I will be well rested, I will have had a sensible breakfast, and a lot smarter.

I smiled all weekend though, and feel rather content and pleased in general. The gain isn't upsetting me, just letting me know what I have to do this week!

Hope your heart is full this week,

Namaste <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had some great memories made from your two holiday events. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely time, despite the gain. Sometimes it really doesn't matter huh. :)

    ReplyDelete