Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sleep deprived!

I've been sleeping very well lately. Last night was not one of those nights. I just couldn't fall asleep. Lots of things just churning through my crazy, anxious brain. Nothing even very important, actually.

Just a good, old, plain crazy.

It happens.

One very exciting thing kind of changed in my life though. Our friends' band that we love is going to play a New Year's Eve show in Brooklyn. We weren't going to go down to the city this year to save a little bit of money on a very expensive ticket (Phish costs 70 before fees!)... But now all we have to do is pay for gas. We have a free place to stay and a cheap and awesome show to go to! (We also don't get to see our NYC friends as much as we'd like.)

So, while I would not have minded staying home for New Years Eve and celebrating with all my friends that live here and also can't afford to go to New York City this year, I'm really excited to be able to dance and hear great music and ring in the new year like I usually do - raging it!!!!

But that's about it for now. I'm just really very tired. And I have jury duty today. Not fun.


That's my "I barely got out of bed, I didn't do anything to my hair, I slept for less than three hours, and I haven't had my coffee yet" face.

I am determined not to let my tiredness lead into over eating today, though. I brought my food for the day and that's all I will have until I go home. 

I had an egg and veggie scramble for breakfast. I have chicken, sweet potatoes, and peas for lunch. I have a large banana and yogurt for snacks. Also coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

Still weighing in around 121. My behaviors have been really really good lately. Very healthy eating and lots of exercise. But I've obviously got to tighten up ship a little bit if I want to weigh 119 pounds for New Year's.

Not stressing, it's just something I'd like -something I'm working towards. Something I keep my eye on when I decide not to eat chips or not to drink beer or not eat cookies or not to do a lot of things that are going on all around me all the time for the holidays!

Sorry if I'm scatterbrained or kind of boring or kind of grumpy. I really, really, like my sleep!!

Namaste- I hope everyone had a better night of sleep than me and can go through this day with brightness, lightness and energy!!

1 comment: