Saturday, December 7, 2013

Last Night (belly dance scarf!)

Belly dancing night was a great success- really fun! About 12 girls came and we laughed and shimmied our way through an hour class.

They gave us coin scarves so we jingled when we danced:


The rest of the night involved a lot of wine and girl talk. I drank to my hearts content and got pretty drunk for the first time in a long time! 

And zero regrets! I'm up a pound today but I knew I would be. A price I'm willing to pay once in a while... Having an indulgent night once every two or three weeks where I eat or drink something totally off plan doesn't really mess with my long term success. The pound will be gone after a day or two of normal everyday clean eating :)

My balancing act is different from some people's .. We all have to find what works for us. I'll fully accept gaining a pound once in a while because I know I'll be back to normal (or even a lower weight!) long before I indulge again. 

It only becomes a problem if it happens over and over, leading to a constant string of weight gain episodes!

Chris and I slept in (he had boys' night at our house haha), made an awesome breakfast filled to the brim with veggies, drank some coffee and are off to start our day :)

Namaste!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don't understand the need to get drunk, but I am a child of an alcoholic, so my view is probably jaded. (not that I've never gotten drink myself. I have. Too many times...until my kidneys told me it was foolish to ever come even close to that again. But I digress...) That scarf looks adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes really enjoy the complete letting loose of getting a little drunk (because I'm a very nervous, anxious, always in control person normally)... It's like blowing off steam!! But I try to do it responsibly .. No falling down, blacking out craziness!

      Delete