Saturday, January 19, 2013

Anticipating a long night

I had hoped to sleep in more since I know the coming night is going to be a loooooong one. But, here I am, awake at 8:30 and knowing I won't be able to sleep for at least 16 hours (unless by some miracle I fall asleep in the car, which has always been impossible for me).

So, tonight is a compromise. Doing what we would have done pre-dog/pre-house but shifting the WAY we do it so the dog is still taken care of.

A friend of ours is moving to Atlanta, won't see him probably until our wedding in September. His going away party is tonight. In NYC, of course.

So, around 5 or 6 tonight, we are driving three hours down to the city, getting to the party around 9, staying for 3-4 hours and then hitting the road to come right back. Ayiyiyi. Not ideal!

We thought about it for a long time. We could board the dog (spending even more money). We could not go (and feel sad/guilty about it). This seemed like the best option! But I know that drive home is going to suck and suck hard.

I rarely nap during the day (I did initially when my dad passed, and I think that was just because my mind was so stressed out, it needed a break) so I will TRY to nap today, but I doubt it will happen.

I have to remember to pack some snacks in the car to mitigate those late night munchies so that we don't stop at a rest stop and eat candy!

Staying gluten free has worked well for me this week. Though, inexplicably, I am breaking out all along my jaw and chin. I.... never get pimples. It's never been a problem for me. It's really regular: about 4 days before my period, I will get a couple pimples from the hormones. That's it. And these pimples are not related to hormones. I am hoping it is not something I am eating!

The next step is to go completely paleo. I know my skin was the best it ever was on paleo. I don't know when I will go back to paleo, though, it was a very time consuming way to eat and I've come to love eating a piece of GF bread. Stupid. We'll see!

Anyway, hope everyone has an awesome weekend, stays active and healthy! Namaste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment