Thursday, May 8, 2014

Taquito Temptation

Good news on the scale today: 122.8 pounds! Back where I want to be - bloating went down once I got off the grains again after focusing on clean, paleo food (mostly veggies!) and lots of water.

Last night was our weekly TV night gathering. I knew there would be some sort of treat put out, so I came prepared:



Big old bottle of seltzer, cucumbers, and snap peas.

I was hungry, even after I ate my snack, so when my friends put out the taquitos as party food, I had a hard time resisting. I struggled quietly in my head, telling myself it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't feel good, and just plain old not do it.

It was harder because I was hungry (and man, I do love fried food even though I KNOW it's horrible for my body).

But I did- I felt great because social situations are where I lose my determination and do things that, really, in the end, hurt my body.

And I had just listened to a Jillian Michaels podcast where she said something like, "whatever you put in your mouth, you are either fighting disease or causing it."

So no fried junk for me.

My reward for resisting?

Our friend, who works at a great barbecue place, brought us baby back ribs!


The sauce obviously has some sugar in it, but it's a much better choice than taquitos. So I allowed myself to have two small ribs to satiate my hunger and my taste buds.

I know I was truly hungry because I lost weight/bloat today. The ribs fit into my daily needs (it is hard to say where I am calorie wise, because I am not tracking or even mentally keeping any sort of tally). Still learning to listen to my body and it's needs.

I never need a taquito :)

Ok- off to start my day! I have a few errands to run and have to wrap up some projects. Obviously, a nice long dog walk is in the plans for the day.

Namaste!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the great weigh-in. Also, I like your TV night snack. I am going to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! You chose wisely, kimosabe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great Jeanette

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good stuff! I find the odour of fried stuff like taquitos or fries so tempting and sometimes triggering. But you made the right choice with the ribs, they look delish!

    ReplyDelete