Thursday, May 29, 2014

Frazzled!

Well - came home from substitute teaching a complete mess. The downtown city schools are pretty unruly. I had to break up a fist fight in a fourth grade classroom and two of my kids just bolted out the door. These kids are as tall as me.

I am burnt out after one day.

Props to teachers. Seriously.

I could barely get the kids to focus on ONE thing and very few of them learned anything. Too many kids in a class room. General disaster area.

Subbing tomorrow, too. DREADING it. Also promised them I'd come back in two weeks to do three more days. Don't think I can....

Came home frazzled and upset. So I worked out - did a little cardio burst and a ten minute arm strength workout. Grabbed a bottle of seltzer to cool down, dying my hair right now (waiting for the rinse off time!), and will try and get some statistics done tonight.

I am glad I didn't turn to food (really glad we don't have any junk in the house ... I might have beelined RIGHT for it when I came home for instinctual comfort, but working out was way better).

My weight is hovering around 124... I don't like that. But it is the result of a kind of off weekend, even those this week has been super clean and on point with paleo (also my cycle is about to start). I feel kind of bloated and gross.

But chug on, do what's right, yeah? Even when it's hard. Especially when it's hard.

Namaste <3

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a stressful and draining day. You made the right choices when you got home. Hope tomorrow goes better for you!

    ReplyDelete