Monday, May 19, 2014

As Always

From my last post, you might be able to tell that I am keeping myself in a good head space!

Which is good, because life is NOT easy right now, in fact, it is downright scary. Being unemployed (and NOT with unemployment benefits) is not fun. I am applying to jobs like a mad-woman and I have an exam with the city tomorrow.

But staying positive.

NOT letting the stress make me sick in mind or body.

Ate an INSANELY healthy lunch today:


Turkey on romaine lettuce leaves, roasted beets, cabbage and carrot coleslaw, apple and sweet potato quinoa salad (I only buy quinoa once in a blue moon since it is technically a grain... but it doesn't affect my body like wheat does!)

I also picked Chris up on his lunch hour and we went down to the bike path by the river to take a lunchtime walk with Koda:




The river is muddy brown with all the spring run-off! But it was a gorgeous day :)

Back to work - prepping for my test tomorrow and trying to get some work done on my dissertation. I submitted my final grades for my semester today, glad to have it off my plate!!

Namaste, my friends <3

3 comments:

  1. Your lunch looks good AND healthy! It is so nice to be able to enjoy the outdoors after such a rough winter. Good luck with the test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Glad to hear you're keeping in a good head space ... and best of luck in the job search.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the test.

    Love those pictures.......

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete