Friday, May 23, 2014

Mindfulness and Blessings

“Around us, life bursts with miracles--a glass of water, a ray of sunshine, a leaf, a caterpillar, a flower, laughter, raindrops. If you live in awareness, it is easy to see miracles everywhere. Each human being is a multiplicity of miracles. Eyes that see thousands of colors, shapes, and forms; ears that hear a bee flying or a thunderclap; a brain that ponders a speck of dust as easily as the entire cosmos; a heart that beats in rhythm with the heartbeat of all beings. When we are tired and feel discouraged by life's daily struggles, we may not notice these miracles, but they are always there.” 
― Thích Nhất Hạnh


I trying to keep myself mindful and fully aware that each day is a miracle and I am blessed just to be breathing, no matter what else good/bad is happening around me.

I have a constant, moderate-high level of stress lately. I am worried about my future.

Trying very hard not to let that affect my NOW.

So I must enjoy the simple, beautiful things that are always around me. How lucky I am to have shelter and food and love. How blessed I am to see this pouting face in the morning:

Photo: The morning "I miss Chris" face

:)

I ate a bunch of sugar the past couple of days (I am NOT immune to the affects of stress, haha, definitely a little stress eating going on) and my weight jumped up a couple of pounds.

So one day at a time - no stress eating tonight, no alcohol. I will eat clean and remind myself THAT is the best medicine!

Namaste <3


4 comments:

  1. I hope things get sorted for you soon. Don't worry about the weight, it's only a little glitch that will even off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about all of the stress. It's hard to not self-soothe with sugar, huh? :: hugs ::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stress 'sucks' and it does raise it's ugly head from time to time in all our lives ....hope things sort themselves out soon, I'm sure they will.

    Keep positive

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. All will be well and all manner of things shall be well....Julian of Norwich

    ReplyDelete