Saturday, October 20, 2012

Amazing gift...

Wow.

Last night, we went to a friend's house to have dinner with them and another couple.

So we thought!

We showed up and about a dozen of our friends are there, all waving and exclaiming and making a fuss. I was so confused! After a few moments, I pieced it together: they were surprising Chris and I with a party to cheer us up after the hard times we had been having!!!

It was truly amazing. There was a card with notes from everyone, AND from the people we know who lived downstate but couldn't make it, AND gifts cards for hundreds of dollars for Home Depot and Bed Bath and Beyond! Then, my good friend sent me on a scavenger hunt, where I found more little presents such as a super nice, dog proofed garbage can for the kitchen, hehe :)

Then we ate and drank and laughed and it was so insanely amazing and generous and thoughtful.

They wanted us to know they loved us and damn, did I feel loved.

I am a little hungover this morning, however, since I drank a little too much wine last night. Trying to finish up all the moving by tomorrow (have some heavy lifting to do tomorrow, ugh). But for now, I am done for the day, going to chill out, see some more of our friends tonight, but get to bed early so I can rest up!

Thankful and smiling, I hope you all are having a good day!

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have wonderful, caring friends like that. But then again, your friends are pretty lucky to have you as well. What a thoughtful gesture. :-)

    ReplyDelete