Thursday, October 18, 2012

A little indulgence..

Last night, a friend invited me over for pot roast... which was amazing, and pretty damned close to paleo. Lots of meat and veg, in a most delicious way.

The indulgence? Two glasses of wine and two and a half cupcakes.... hahaha. Okay, not proud, but not regretful. I knew what I was doing and I did it. Our other friends brought dessert: 12 cupcakes from the most amazing cupcake place in the area. All different flavors. I tried five of them (we cut them all in half so we could taste more of them, heh). I didn't anticipate it, but it was awesome and fun :D

After alcohol and sugar, my weight is up to 123. Which is exactly what I told Chris I expected it to be after that dinner/dessert. I like that I know my body pretty damned well! (but since I do want to stay closer to 120 than not, that will be my last insane indulgence for a while... I kind of didn't feel great after all that sugar, either!)

So, I went to my vet yesterday to enroll Koda in doggy daycare. Felt pretty good about it. It's a lot of money (that I don't necessarily have) but I am going to make it work for a few weeks because I think it will be good for him.

Dropped him off this morning (so he didn't get walked by me, but my morning was still crazy trying to get out the door by 715!).... and he didn't care at all! He just went with the lady into the back without giving me a second look, hahah. I am glad he is not dependant on me and has a bit of confidence/indepedence/whatever.

I like being at work right now with no worries about him at home alone! We are going to do daycare twice a week.

Ahhh.... my new life is so weird.

1 comment:

  1. Jeanette, I want to say again that I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't always comment, but I do read your blog everyday. Know that I am thinking of you and wishing you nothing but the best in your new life.

    ReplyDelete