Thursday, February 21, 2013

Some sickness; Be Here Now



You know how you always feel worse in the morning than you do in the afternoon with a cold? Or is that just me?

Well, anyway, that totally has been happening to me the past three days: waking up uncomfortable, barely able to breath, sore throat, swollen glands, stuffed nose.... and by 11 AM or 12 PM, I feel pretty much fine!! So I went to TV night last night when I probably shouldn't have... stayed up a little too late, had a glass of wine, which I am sure affected my immune system.

Feeling pretty cruddy this morning.

But determined to get some things done! I haven't had time/energy to work on my dissertation or class this week. I need to make up for that by putting in serious hours today. Also the dog needs walking and there are some errands that need running.

So I am having tea and trying to get my body to wake up and not feel so sick. It is working slowly, even as I type this post out!

Nothing huge for me on the horizon. My basic plans for life go like this: get some work done the next couple days, go to Providence to hang out with my future sister-in-law and get a bridesmaid dress for her, get work dooooone next week AND do some basic prep for the housewarming party, then have the party next Saturday!

I can't really look too far ahead, two weeks is about my max. I get a little freaked out if I look any farther :)

I am just focusing on the now, seeing my today, and trying to do something with it that will make me happy and brighten my life.

It's definitely what I need to do - just be present and don't fixate on what is to come too much. It's worked for me whenever I can focus and achieve that state of mind. It definitely worked for weight loss and for finding fitness. I didn't look at the long term or how far I had to do. I just went and did that day what mattered. I looked at where I was and who I was and how my present should look in that moment. It's not so overwhelming then.




Namaste, find peace today, and do good things for your mind and body!


1 comment:

  1. I love that quote! And yes, I also feel super crummy in the morning vs the afternoon. Sometimes I have to talk myself out of being sick in the AM. :)

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete