Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Super, crazy sore muscles

Scale said 124 this morning. :) Doing something right!! And that something is: eating clean, eating portions normal for a 30 year old, 5'4 woman, and getting back into exercise.

It was completely predictable, but it still surprises and delights me when my weight drops. I know when I am doing the right thing for weight loss. It is so much easier for me to do the right thing for weight maintenance... I can be a lot more lax with my food and less active. But that's not what I want in the end. I want more. I want to be the sexiest bride Chris ever saw. I want it to be easy for me to climb mountains (well, it's never easy... but there is a big difference between a fit person doing it "hard" and an out of shape person's "hard"!). I want to be in a swimsuit this summer and loving it.

In the end, it wasn't that hard. Not binge eating at dinnertime (my favorite time to overeat). Easing up on snacking. No processed foods. Exercise. None of those things are hard, per se. Yet I, and tons of others in this world!, struggle with doing it.

At least I am doing it more than I am not doing it :)

I've been enjoying reading inspirational blogs this week. Women who are just rocking it. Mothers, career-women, both, who beat obesity and are living the healthy life, even when life throws crap in their path. Women who are healthy because they know they are worth it!

I still read blogs that are maybe not so lovingly termed "trainwrecks" :D ... it's weird, I am oddly grateful that they still post, even though they aren't really doing it "right" as far as weight loss/fitness/health. They remind me how easy it is to make excuses. How easy it is to let all this work slip away.

In other news... I am still insanely sore from my weekend's workout and hike. I mean, crazy sore like I have never been before. It's blowing my mind. I used to strength train at the gym for 45 minutes at a fast pace and with heavy weights and I've never been this sore. My calves and quads almost give out on my when I walk down stairs. Taking aspirin and using an icy-hot type salve. Also massages.

This muscle soreness is a big reminder to me to not let myself get so inactive for so many months again!!! Getting back into the groove is painful.

Painting is chugging along. I wish they would work full days and it might be done by now, but woulda, coulda, shoulda. Just eager for it to be done!! Color is finally going up on the walls today. Bright, sunshiny kitchen, here I come :D

EDIT: UGH Painters!!!!!!!!!!!! Another waste of a day where someone called in and so they are only priming the living room... 4 hours of work instead of a full day... ANOTHER day of boarding my dog for a half-assed day of work. Drawing out this project so that I go insane with a crazy, dirty, pulled apart house. I hate disorganization. Blurgarghmuuuurrggggg. Deep breaths. It's fine. Small problems. First world problems. Moving on. :)

Peace and light and have a gorgeous day <3

2 comments:

  1. It is so important that you are doing it more than you are not doing it. Bravo! You are in a winning position by using this strategy. It will get you where you want to be in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be tracking exactly how many hours you're wasting your money and deduct it from the bill those painters give you at the end. Wasting your time like that! Blah!

    Great job on the eating clean front!

    ReplyDelete