Since the start of the year, I haven't been *great* at this whole health and fitness thing. Sometimes, I've been downright rotten at it. Eaten things I hadn't eaten for 6 months and said I'd never eat again! Barely any workouts. Etc, etc. Some days, I've been right on track! I've eaten clean, normal portions, no "treats" and gotten my (admittedly much less intense than they could be) workouts in. A lot of in between behavior, as well.
Certainly I have not done the things that will get me to where I want to go.
I need to set some real plans in motion. They say it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. I have 22 days. PERFECT!
So here is what I am going to do in the next 22 days, so that I am a healthier, happier, stronger version of myself on March 19th:
- Purposeful workouts 4-5 days a week (meaning at least 30 minutes of cardio/strength)
- NO WHEAT, no dairy! (the main culprits in most of my bloating/digestion issues)
- Stretch and do physical therapy for shoulder EVERY morning
- Continue taking vitamins and supplements
- Hour long dog walks every day
- Limit wine drinking to once or twice a week (and limit that to two glasses)
- No excessive snacking - snack only if there is true hunger
- Be kind to yourself, no shaming, no self-hatred
There we go. We will see. I hope I stick to this path. I hope I am happier 22 days from now than I am now. I hope my body is healthier 22 days from now than it is now.
I know that I have all the power and control to make those things happen. I want to do right by myself!