My paleo sunflower seed - banana muffins, fresh out of the oven!
Sitting at home tonight and having the quietest Friday night I have had in MONTHS with my fiance and my cat :D I decided to make some paleo treats... we haven't had homemade paleo treats in months, either, because we haven't been home and so no baking for me!!
I found a recipe online for paleo banana muffins and tweaked it to my specifications (the addition of the sunflower butter really hit the right note for me!).
Couldn't keep it to myself, so here goes:
3 ripe bananas
1 cup sunflower butter
1 tablespoon of honey
1/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place muffin cups in the muffin pans. Set aside.
- Plug in your food processor. Place coconut oil, bananas, sunflower butter, honey, vanilla extract and eggs in food processor. Close lid and process until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking soda and sea salt and spices to taste.
- Incorporate both dry and wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Put the batter in muffin cup-lined muffin tins.
- Place pans in the oven and bake fore 20-30 minutes. (check at 15 minutes, hot ovens cook them faster)
I love taking recipes off the internet and changing them up, changing the flavor profiles and seeing what happens :) It makes baking kind of exciting for me, haha!