Monday, April 21, 2014

Chocolate Indulgence

I indulged a little too much yesterday- chocolate and dinner, my weight is up to 124 because of it. Family situations are still hard for me to navigate without anxiety and I can easily fall back into old habits of eating too much.

Got to own it and work on it!

But good news- the main course was pork roast! So my dinner was, aside from being too big, normal for me: pork, applesauce, green beans, salad. I also ate corn, which isn't paleo, but isn't the worst transgression. But then.. The chocolate. Yikes!

Well, I'll get a grip today. Normal everything - yoga, walk, veggies and fruit and protein, lots of water!

Still reveling in the nice weather and all the flowers coming back:


Pretty life :)

Off to take care of business!!

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm pork roast!! Learning to deal to emotional triggers (family is huge) took me years to re-program my brain. Just that you recognize it is key. 124 might be due to the salt in the pork! Onward! Keep going and there will be more chances to practice. Switching to 85% chocolate lowered the sugar content for me, which turned off my binge trigger. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanette

    Sorry – I’ve not been around too much lately, but I’ve had a few days off sorting out some family health issues. As the saying goes sometimes real life intervenes …but all is going well now.

    I love Roast Pork and like Karen have the 85% chocolate in the house.

    But hey, I think you're doing ok ...and just love those blue flowers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family situations *are* difficult. Especially when loved ones think food=love and by refusing food, you are rejecting them. I found it difficult to leave food on the plate, but did it anyway. But had some pie and a some chocolate. I figure that twice a year (Christmas Day and Easter Sunday) I'll have to be a little bit more flexible. Just a little.

    ReplyDelete