Friday, January 24, 2014

My core circuit

Ahh, such a relief to be done with restrictions!! I haven't eaten yet this morning (I have to take a prescription antacid about an hour before breakfast and an hour before dinner... Just to ensure that my stomach doesn't get acid-y and hurt the wound). BUT I will be eating my normal egg scramble when I do :)

I truly feel normal now- no more weird stomach pains, no more lethargy, nothing. I know I still have to be careful, not eat crazy rough and spicy things, but I just feel GOOD! 

Back to normal diet, back to normal exercise... I have this circuit focusing on core strength that I'm working on:


(Please note my awesome wolf shaman stationary)

I'm doing this every other day or so. Other days, I use my exercise app to work on other strength and cardio.

Tomorrow I'm waking up around 3:30AM to go snowshoe hiking - goal: two Adirondack High Peaks. We're meeting friends at the trailhead and hope to have a lovely, snowy day :)

It will be a real sign to me that I'm back to my old self!!

Till then, my friends,

Namaste.

10 comments:

  1. Whoa woman!...has your doctor cleared you for the snow shoeing all ready?! Wasn't it just a week ago you were in the hospital? That's amazing! Either way, you be careful out there! Take breaks as much as you need, and have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doctor actually released me with no exercise restrictions... But we had a talk about common sense and listening to my body. I've been working out since Monday and think I'm ready!!! (I'll definitely not push it though!)

      Delete
  2. That circuit looks serious!!!! Thanks for posting I am going to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are able (or should) do that much so soon after the surgery, but if your doctor says it's okay....

    I just want you to be well, and/but happy. But well first. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a weird feeling... To know something SOO serious happened last week but to feel completely healthy this week. Since my doc told me to do whatever I felt I was able to, I'm going to give it a try! I have all the opt out options in the world, though :)

      Delete
  4. Love the circuit. Good mixture, no materials required, can be done in small space, can really focus on form, simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I go for in most of my workouts! I have a very small area to workout in and want to maximize my results!

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you are feeling better and the food restrictions have been lifted. I know you are anxious to get back to your normal life. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrambled eggs sound good to me.

    I know others have said it to but caution may be required ... go easy as you get back into exercise etc. I wish you well and continued good health and fitness

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete