Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Soda Side Effects and My Food and Breakfast for Dinner


Just thought I would share the above infographic. I haven't drank soda in so long, I can't even remember when. It's not even something that I indulge in once in a while, at a party or something. It's been so long since drinking soda, I actually now remember it as being gross! Too sugary. Sugary in a chemically bad way (even the non-diet kinds). You will never find soda in my house, that's a promise. 

I also really don't see the point of drinking your calories like that... if you drink your calories, I would hope they would have at least SOME nutrition (like a blended fruit smoothie or a good juice or something!).

Anyway, here's some of my food from the week. I LOVE being able to eat paleo again, after the hospital scare. I need vegetables and fruits in my life.... lots of them, fresh ones!!


Roasted chicken and a big old pile of roasted veggies (they lined the pan that the chicken was in, so they cooked in the chicken juices as their only seasoning..... sooooo good)

My lunch at work - spinach salad with beets, tomatoes, shredded roast chicken and my FAVORITE Annie's papaya poppy seed dressing :D

I didn't take a picture of dinner last night (it didn't look pretty AT ALL) but it was AMAZING.... roasted up acorn squash halves, filled them up with a sort of east Asian spiced mix of ground turkey, bean sprouts, onion, mushrooms, carrots. Then topped them with the best guacamole I have made to date (ingredients: avocados, lemon juice, onion, tomato, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, black pepper). Somehow got all the ingredients proportions JUST right and it turned out really creamy and delicious.

Making up for the lost vegetable time :D

Weight is back down to 122.8 today, so just within my range I like (118-123). I'm settling back into my exercise routine and my eating habits AND my drinking water habits (I got off track with drinking water while sick). 

I'm glad I am wasting no time getting back to the place I like to be.

Some friends are having us over for breakfast tonight :D Eggs, sausage, and OJ... and we are bringing a sweet potato hash! Staying paleo while socializing = ideal!

Have a great day,

Namaste!

7 comments:

  1. Your food looks and sounds amazing ... you just can't beat it ... keep on enjoying it.

    As for Soda it's a no go area for me too

    Keep well

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks awesome! It's been two years without soda for me. I admit sometimes I still miss a Coke with popcorn at the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I can't remember my last soda either. Re your guac, I'm hoping that was RED onions in it. Nothing else will do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to get hooked in "soda/pop cycles" in the past. Seriously addicted. Not sure if it was the taste (triggering) or habit (afternoon thing). Switched to water long ago. None of my kids drink soda/pop. All are very good water drinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soda is my crutch. I don't drink alcohol, but I do drink diet soda. One day I will give it up like you all have. :) (YES I know it is bad for me. YES I have read the articles)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would follow your blog but don't see where I can do that. I appreciate your comment over at my place so let me know what to do. I couldn't find a link to sign up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soda is my addictive crutch. I have cut way back, but I still have about 4 oz. a day. That's a habit I'm trying to break.

    ReplyDelete