Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cycles, events, and cats, oh my!

Feeling good about my weigh in this morning, but also a little bittersweet because I realize I am in a repetitive cycle of gaining four pounds, then losing them, rather than *actually* getting to my goal weight.

So this morning I was 126. Much better. I really don't like being so close to 130... represents a place I don't want to be anymore, and not just weight-wise.

I want to be under 125. But the past few months, whenever I get to 125, I sort of.... relax, I guess. I stop being so vigilant with my exercise/eating. Then before you know it, within a week or two, I am up four pounds.

I am going to try very hard to change my mental space when I get to 125.

Being at goal means eating dinners like last night:

chicken sausage with mustard, half sweet potato with salsa, asparagus

And not eating a hamburger with a bun at a friend's house just because it's there. Eating, again, was super good yesterday. The weight gain scare affected me. I always know what to do to lose or maintain weight... as evidenced by the past couple days.  I just have to do it... have to get out of my own way!

I have a few events coming up this week. I am going down to the city tomorrow to see Cloud Cult (most amazing music on earth!) and then out to Utica on Saturday for Chris' mom's birthday. I will have plenty of opportunities to drink and eat and drink and eat.

But that is not my plan. I don't want the jump in weight that accompanies that kind of behavior, the resulting bad mood and then the work to take it back off again!

So here's to yet another good day, good in all ways (work, love, food, exercise, creativity, and on and on!)

I leave you with a picture of my cat, whom I adore :)

2 comments:

  1. Pix of cats silhouetted in windows are always cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy food! Getting out of my own way is one of my problems too lol. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete