Friday, July 26, 2013

Good People and Meatballs :)

So, last night I was a little unexpectedly emotional over my friend's rude comment last night. I posted here instead of responding on social media or even contacting her personally - I wanted to get my emotions out and get a little more calm so I didn't say something I would regret. I am glad I did.

But thank goodness for good people reaching out- Kelly is a prime example! And another Kelly I know also texted me when she read the comment with some sweet things to say. Many people stayed out of any drama but showed some silent support by "liking" the picture and my comments. I got some frustrations out to Chris, who has known this girl longer than me. Even Chris' ex-girlfriend sent me a message saying she was sorry there was negativity and that I was beautiful and she was happy for us. Wow.

So, the first rule: Do No Harm.

But the second? Do good.

And people did. People reached out and were warm and lovely when it would have been an easier choice to just do nothing. But they put light into the world and into me. And it reaffirmed my belief that there is more good out there than bad. That most people are, at their core, decent and lovely people.

But it showed me that, whoa, my emotions are fragile right now!

With the wedding looming (and happening almost exactly a year after my dads passing) and battling the dueling emotions of grief and joy- I am sensitive. Very, very sensitive.

I wanted to thank everyone for their comments and advice - which I think is very good advice. The hard part? Because things have been going so well lately with this friend, we agreed to carpool to a wedding four hours away and share a hotel room with this couple this weekend. AH! Makes it even more strange she would decide to be negative when she knows she is about to spend a LOT of time with me this weekend.

Ah, well. Like I said in the comments, I will reach deep down, find my zen, remember I want to do good in this world, be light and be warm and let. it. go. At least for this weekend, ha.

But onto my meatballs!! I said on Facebook, I might eat Paleo, but I am still Italian!!! And I can make some mean Italian food (just leaving out the pasta and cheese, eeek >.<). But the flavors are the same :)

Meatballs I made last night:







Meatball ingredients: beef, egg, flax meal, spinach, garlic, mushrooms, onion and spices/herbs.

Sauce: organic tomato sauce, organic diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, mushrooms, spices/herbs.

I browned the meatballs in the cast iron skillets, then put my sauce ingredients in the pan for a few minutes before putting the whole thing to cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. I won't hesitate to brag and say IT WAS DELICIOUS!

Made enough for two solo meals for me and three couple meals with Chris - sticking with the whole idea that previous preparation leads to success :)

Thanks for the love, Namaste <3

4 comments:

  1. That's it. I'm doing meatballs within the week! Thanks! (might get lazy and throw them in the crockpot, though...)

    Good luck this weekend. Hope it's not too awkward. After that, drop kick that witch to the curb. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this whole time of year is emotional as I don't have a wedding looming, but geez I feel very emotional lately! So you are not alone. :)

    Those meatballs look soooo good! I can't eat beef for a while (long story) but was actually dreaming of meatballs last night! LOL

    Best wishes on this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The meatballs look yummy.

    You've got a super attitude. I hope all goes well with the travel this weekend and you are able to have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude and even better looking meatballs!

    ReplyDelete