Friday, July 19, 2013

Hawaiian style coconut pudding!

Okay, the picture does not do this justice.

It. Was. Amazing.

I went to our local co-op to stock up on some nice summer salads (like a quinoa sweet potato apple salad and a broccoli slaw) for Chris and I to have a little picnic while watching a free play in the city park :) And I saw this amazing little product:



Creamy! AMAZING! Mmm. I bought three of them. Love the super clean and organic AND fair trade ingredient list.

I try to be ethical when shopping - I try not to hurt the earth or animals or farmers or... you get the point. It is hard. I can't always do it because I can't always afford it. But I do what I can :) I hope you do, too! It's worth putting a little goodness out there!

And - if we all try to buy local and organic and fair trade and grass fed and pasture raised, it will send a message to the corporate giants like Monsanto. That we value health, our animals, our earth, our people.

A lovely little treat sent me back into thoughts about eating clean and eating ethically. Surprise!! ;)

Namaste, friends, have an amazing weekend if we don't chat till Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds awesome!! I so wish some of the government subsidies went to small local farms. We are pretty blessed around these parts to have a plethora of small, organic farms. Good for you for supporting the local and free trade economies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the government did support local farming, as we have watched many all around us go out of business. Unfortunately, affording any of the organic stuff out here is just not gonna happen (and farmer's markets cost more than the organic at the store.)

    That sure looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to hear your "voice" in my head these days whenever I'm out grocery shopping, and it has steered me towards buying a lot more organic/grass fed/clean foods than I have in the past. And I am definitely enjoying the end results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear!! I try not to be preachy, but I believe these things are important deep down - I'm not perfect at it, but I think it's worth trying harder at :D

      Delete