Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Alcohol calories and my day

Down 0.2 pounds from yesterday. Hahaha. It is SO much easier to put on weight than take it off, isn't it? I mean, it's absurd! I wish I knew that before I ever put on weight when I was younger - that over a decade later, I would still be struggling. 

Well - such is life, right? Live and learn!

Interesting reactions people had to my weekend - all along the spectrum. Some people think it was fine (since I am right near goal and have been successful for over a year), some people warn me to be careful, etc. 

I get ALL the viewpoints. I can see life through a lot of different filters - but in the end, I am who I am.

I definitely will not be having weekends like last weekend very often! But I am the type of person who kind of likes to let loose and go wild once in a while! But like I said - my health is great, I am little and strong, my weight has been on a consistent downward trend for well over a year. No worries, I promise!

I know - alllll too well - that drinking alcohol is NOT GOOD for general health or especially if you are trying to lose weight. I can have a glass or two of wine during the week, normally, and maintain/lose weight. But if I want to lose - it's a no go.

Charts like this make it clear just how calorie rich all forms of alcoholic drinks are!


(so I had the equivalent of 14 sausages this weekend --- ew hahaha. that's why weekends like that will be super rare!)

Today was my domestic goddess day: go-go-go from the moment I woke up. Took care of a lot of stuff around the house and the yard. Prepped my mix I rely on for food for the week. Laundry. Dog. Grandma visit. Job applications. Wedding stuff.

So now it's 2 PM and I am taking a break and writing this post :)

I'll leave you with pics from the wedding!



Would have been a lovely picture if the humidity didn't DESTROY my hair - gah!

Namaste <3

2 comments:

  1. Cute pic! Thanks for the alcohol chart...definitely puts it into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs to let lose a little bit! Glad you posted this. That chart is SCARY! :)

    ReplyDelete