Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cheez-its, Oreos and Festival Weigh-in

Okay - I am starting to be recovered from the festival. Wow. Not fully, but I am working on it. Resting and filling myself with tons of water and good, clean food.

Got to babysit in a little bit, which I am scared of, because I don't really have the energy for a four year old. But I will pay the price for my raging and suffer through it :)

I weighed in this morning to some really great news: 122!

Yesssssss.

I stayed paleo for the first day and a half of the festival, but did not stay sober. Not being sober definitely started to chip away at my resolve and by Saturday, I ate half a box of Cheez-its and Oreos. Holy Crap.

However, you have to understand what the festival is like - by mid-afternoon, it is in full swing and you are not hanging out at your campsite, you are running around the music and dancing for about 8 - 10 hours straight! We missed dinner EVERY night, hahaha. But we ate eggs and bacon for breakfast every morning and a big lunch. The junk food was a late night binge that I knew weren't good, clean food - but the calories were desperately needed!

I am paying for the things I ate in the form of a slightly upset stomach and more weariness than I might have had otherwise. We did eat most of our paleo food that we brought - the Lara bars were great snacks for when we were caught at the music and couldn't leave (because there was more music!)

All in all - I did as good of a job as I possibly could for living in a field for three days and nights, with my main goal focused on hearing music and dancing for the better part of a day :D I regret nothing!!! Seriously, I don't - this is a hedonistic weekend, for sure, and I indulged with glee at certain points. I did no long lasting damage and am right back on track this week.

Three more pounds to go before I see a weight under 120 for the first time in my life - I am excited and moving towards it. 

Chris took a photo of my tattoo at the festival (I love my orange sarong!) because it was peeking out a lot and he was enjoying it - I love the pic, so I wanted to share:




Off to babysit! Namaste, friends :)

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the loss! That's awesome! And YAY YOU for being right back at it now! Sweet tat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great weigh in! There are going to be weekends like that. It's about LIVING! Those weekends are few and far between. It's when they become habit that we get into trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weigh in. I would say you did really well for the situation you were in and now you're back to eating healthy so all is good. Beautiful tat/pic :)

    ReplyDelete