Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Interconnectedness

Hello, Darlings! Feeling super optimistic and good today, though I've been having trouble sleeping (Chris being gone five days a week starts to wear on me after a while!).

Weighed in today: 122.8. Good - back in the 122s! :) Clean eating, paleo foods, a little bit of exercise. Life goes on!

I've not much else to say today. I am doing the right things for my health and my body. I am taking care of other aspects of my life (had a meeting today to work on my resume, doing some wedding errands, etc). I am hopeful.

It is much easier to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight when the REST of life is taken care of. Remember, this blog is titled For Life - I focus on health and weight, but it is all soooo interconnected and we cannot forget that.

If our spirits and hearts are empty, we don't have much of a chance at success.

I will write soon about what I am struggling with (but I am in such a good mood today, I do not want to dwell too much) - about losing my dad, about the tragic and sort of traumatic way I found him, feeling sadness about not having any parents there to support me at my wedding.

Sadness is natural. Life can be sad. But it can also be so full - if we will just fill it up.

I will leave you with some quotes from my most recent favorite monk that are affecting the way I am CHOOSING to live:








Namaste <3

3 comments:

  1. I agree health and happiness are very interconnected. I am sorry about your Dad. That must be difficult.

    I notice you have Paleo recipes on your blog, I will have to try some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very sorry about the loss of your dad, and not having parents for your wedding. Please know that they are right there...hovering over your shoulder. Through every moment of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our lost loved ones live forever in our memories. I know it's not the same, but my memories help me keep my mom close to my heart always.

    ReplyDelete