Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Yoga Class - warm Vinyasa flow

I'm excited! I booked a warm Vinyasa power flow yoga class tonight! You know that I love to practice yoga at home (I use what I've learned in class, iPhone apps and online videos) but at some point, I become a bit complacent and lazy in my practice. The time I practice or hold a pose gets shorter and I might not focus on form so much.

It will be nice to have a full hour where a teacher keeps me focused and in flow (no distractions!).

I've not been to many classes in the past year because of finances - and though finances are still really tight, a one time class isn't going to send us to the poor house. I'm looking forward to doing something really good for my body tonight. I've been really stiff lately, and some serious stretching is in order!

Other stuff? Things are good- we got a little Christmas money from my husband's grandmother and I used it to go to the local butcher and get some amazing meat for the next week or so. I'm looking forward to the Survivor finale tomorrow, as I'll get together with a bunch of friends to watch it. It's always fun and we end up screaming at the TV and laughing a lot :)

I weighed in at 122.8 this morning - great! I've been eating really well since the party I went to on Friday. I've had chocolate during the past couple of days, but I'm literally having just a square or two rather than the half of bar I was having before I went on No Chocolate November. I'm in a really good spot right now with eating, especially because this is a tough time of year. I'm feeling really balanced and my weight reflects that!

I'll let you know how yoga went :)

Namaste <3

6 comments:

  1. Yoga, good meat, Survivor ( I'm a big fan). Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck is that weird worded yoga?? Haha, sounds pretty fun!! Great job with weight and chocolate!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this definition from about.health.com: Vinyasa yoga, in which movement is synchronized to the breath, is a term that covers a broad range of yoga classes. This style is sometimes also called flow yoga, because of the smooth way that the poses run together and become like a dance. The breath becomes an important component because the teacher will instruct you to move from one pose to the next on an inhale or an exhale.

      Basically, it is a series of movements that flow into one another - most commonly known are sun salutations... doing those continuously with measured breaths :) It's a really relaxing AND challenging workout!

      Delete
  3. Have you checked on groupon for yoga classes? I know I have found some really good yoga deals there - a month for not much more than the price of a single class. Enjoy your class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to this yoga studio where the classes are only $10 per - which is a GREAT deal. Unfortunately, living paycheck to paycheck doesn't usually make too much room for even $10!! But I said to heck with it this week - I need it!

      Delete
    2. Some of the yoga studios here have "will work for yoga" programs. Women work the front desk in exchange for free classes.

      Delete