Saturday, June 1, 2013

I'm taking a stance...

I'm taking a stance, because it's something that I believe in, and I kind of want to do a blog-makeover for it.

I've had this blog for over a year now - and it's detailed my experimentation with paleo when paleo was pretty new to the scene, it's detailed a crazy/joyful/tragic/wild year of my life and how I've *FINALLY* learned how to deal with intense emotions (either joy or sorrow or anything in between) without food.

But I feel like I need more of a direction, I need to be passionate about something if I am going to continue to blog all of the time.

And I am passionate about clean eating. I don't care what "diet" you follow, I am a firm believer that your overall health (and in direct correlation, your weight) is negatively affected by consuming ANY processed foods or chemicals.

They're out of my life. This house is clean (aside from my roommate's food, which we don't eat, so technically *our* house is clean) of processed food - you will never find a bag of chips, a package of oreos, deli meat, hot dogs, any refined flours/sugars AT ALL.

And my health and energy and weight control has never been better.

It's absurd that we feed our kids cereals with ingredients we can't pronounce. It's INSANE that we feel like we "deserve" junk food like combos or slim jims.

I'm taking a stand here. This has to stop. It's not okay.

Another reason why is this article: Processed Meats Declared Too Dangerous For Human Consumption.

Get the processed crap OUT of your houses, out of your mouths, and off your minds.

Eat organic (or the clean 15) vegetables and fruits, nuts, vegetarian fed chickens and their eggs, grass fed meats, organic dairy (super important to go organic here if you have dairy.... so many antibiotics and crap in there).

Leave the chemicals, the antibiotics, the growth hormones, the UNRECOGNIZABLE substances out of the equation. They are changing us at a cellular level. They are killing us and our children. I am being melodramatic because it's important. There is no wiggle room here.

So, yeah. That's my stance. Expect to hear more from me on these matters.

I won't be the person that comments on other blogs telling them to lay off the lean cuisines or the low fat snacks or the soy-based diet meals (don't even get me started on soy right now!)... even though I feel very strongly that items like that should not be part of a healthy lifestyle. I will not force these ideas on other people. But if anyone wants to read this blog, just know that this is my opinion, I feel passionately about it, and believe there needs to be some intense change in this world of ours.

Namaste.

8 comments:

  1. even though there are hot dogs in my fridge ::LIKE:: :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one is perfect and I won't claim to be... I definitely have snacked on a few processed foods socially this year. Progress is the important thing!

      Delete
  2. Good for you, Jeanette. And, no worries, *I* will be the person who comments on other blogs and tells them their Lean Cuisines, low fat Ritz crackers, and dehydrated soy dust packets are SHIT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been eating the crappy food that you've described my entire life, including the weird orange colored tostito's cheese dip this morning. I'm trying to change but keep failing. I wish my husband wanted to stop eating these foods too, but he thinks he can lose weight by moderation and just cutting back. Hmmm, he's been saying this as long as I've known him. I know I am my own person and totally responsible for what goes in my mouth. We enable each other and haven't been able to stop. Excuses, I know.

    I agree with your opinion about food and happy to keep reading all that you want to say about it. I desperately want to adopt a similar lifestyle and relationship with food. I won't give up the fight, but wanting and doing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS our decision what we put in our mouths, but I won't pretend and say that our partners/family/etc don't drastically affect our success. I eat so much more paleo when my fiance is eating that way... he's not right now and I am struggling!

      Delete