Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Worn down, sick

So, I am paying my debts for partying for three days in a dusty field surrounded by smoke. I have been pretty sick since Sunday afternoon... it has been especially hard on my lungs (which really took a beating this past weekend) and I have been coughing up mucus for over 48 hours. Ugh.

I have also been traveling for work. I have been uncomfortable and kind of sad :(

I ate a cobb salad and butternut squash soup for dinner last night. Alone. In my hotel room.

Trying to stay paleo, even though I wish I had Chris with me and wish I was home, recovering.

Worked outside in the heat yesterday and today. Not good for recovering.

I think my immune system is strong and doing its job, though. I am on the mend, despite being in less-than-ideal conditions for recovery. I am coughing up mucus and slowly feeling better. My appetite is getting better and I feel less dizzy.

In the past, it might have taken me a week in bed to get over sickness (I rarely got sick, but when I did, daaaaamn, it was bad!).

This time, despite being in the heat and having to eat microwaved hotel food, I am already feeling better. I owe it to working on my fitness and keeping a clean diet most of the time. I am hopeful I will feel close to 100% better tomorrow morning.

I went to an Indian buffet tonight. Ate one and a half plates, feel INSANELY full, also had some rice pudding which is decidedly not paleo. Got to get back on track. I just feel a little sad today, it was hard to be 100% perfect.... oh well, not going to dwell on it, just going to do better tomorrow.


Going home tomorrow afternoon... which should make me happy, except for the fact that Chris is coming to the place I am *right now* and staying till Friday. I don't know why our boss is sending us to the same place at different times of the week when she knows we are dating/living together :( I miss him.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better asap!! It sucks being sick and being away from your comfort zone :( I turn into a big cry baby when I'm situations like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, so sad that you miss your man & don't feel well to boot! The heat can be a killer...stay safe! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete