Thursday, July 5, 2012

The busy-ness of summer?

Is it in full swing already?

I'm exhausted.

In my earlier post, you know I was exhausted from the weekend. It was a whirlwind.

So, I don't know what drove the madness that led me to suggest a sunrise hike on Wednesday morning in the Adirondacks. Gah.

We camped Tuesday night about 3 miles into the woods, woke up at 3:30 AM and hiked up a mountain (Phelps), watched the birds and the sunrise (it was clouded in), hiked back down, slept an hour and hiked out.

Then we went to a BBQ (where I ate completely normally and paleo, at least!), watched the fireworks from a penthouse porch, then came home.

And in my low socioeconomic neighborhood.... it was madness. Fireworks of all kinds being set off till after midnight. Sometime after midnight, I became... well... enraged. Freaked out. Drove to my dad's house and caught about 4 hours of sleep.

I am beyond exhausted. I want to cry for the fact I have to go to work today (no paid sick time, so I can't afford to not go).

Glad I hiked yesterday, because I am NOT working out today. After work, I am coming home and sleeping. I don't know if it is even possible to fill in the sleep gap that has happened to me. But I am going to try....

Off to work -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment