Monday, June 2, 2014

Same Old, Same Old (except for a 17 mile hike!)

Sorry I've been a little MIA the past few days - I've been insanely stressed/anxious about this unemployment thing. I actually disconnected from the internet at large in a few big ways over the weekend and tried to focus on taking care of myself and applying to jobs.

Weight is not changing - though I'd like to see it get back down to around 122, I think my constant level of stress is messing with my physiology, still hanging around 124. I am working on it - staying active, eating whole and clean foods, etc.

I went on a HUGE hike over the weekend - and I am still a little swollen and stiff from it. We hiked the tallest mountain in New York State, Mt. Marcy.

Chris actually camped overnight with friends a few miles into the woods, but I drove up early Saturday and met them at 7 AM (which meant I had to wake up at 3 AM to do so!) with Koda. Because of my extra morning miles, the hike clocked in at over 17 miles. It was a little much, in retrospect, as I am still sore the Monday after!

But!

I wouldn't trade that hike for anything. The summit was stunning, the weather was great (not cold but not hot - perfect for hiking) and we didn't get attacked by bugs. Some pictures, though they can't do the summit justice. It is really one of the most breathtaking places I've ever been:

Approaching the summit!

Looking towards another awesome mountain, Haystack



Favorite picture of the day :)

The clouds made the valleys GORGEOUS

The friends I went hiking with (who camped overnight)

The little lake in the left hand bottom corner is Lake Tear of the Clouds - the start of the Hudson River!

So.. chugging onward, of course. There is nothing else to be done, yeah? More job searching, dog walking, dentist appointment (AUGH), etc.

Will try to be a better blogger and comment-er this week!

Namsate <3

3 comments:

  1. Wow that was some hike, and I love your favourite picture too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk&feature=kp

    ;)

    ReplyDelete