Thursday, August 30, 2012

Some wedding plans!

Most of the big details of the wedding are already covered (venue, church, caterer, florist.... aaaand I have a pretty good idea of what I want my dress to be!).

I wanted to share the awesome times with you all, to let you know my stress over this isn't total... I am enjoying it, too!

So, we are getting married in this romantic, medieval-looking, fantasy novel type of church. I am in LOVE with it. I am not even very religious in the traditional sense but this church is for every denomination and type of person. Love!

Here are some pictures (not mine) of the church and the inside of the church:



And this is a picture of the fireplace inside the church, in the back... I hope to have candles in it much like this:

                                 

The venue is an Adirondack summer camp which does weddings in the off-season. I thought it would be cheap/cheesy looking but it is AWESOME. And the plus: my friends can stay in the cabins for 15 dollars a person, which is cheap for them AND they don't have to drive after the reception. Complete win. Total dream. I've always wanted my wedding to just be one humongous party, and this way, it can be! 

Not great pictures, taken with my phone, but here is the venue:

Unpretentious and cute, rustic and fun... everything I've dreamed of!
Huge, wide open space for party times... super rustic and lovely
The lake outside the reception hall!

So, nice times. I AM excited.

There is continued stress (such as his mom asking millions of questions and my dad being a baby and pouting about leaving Albany to get to the wedding) and continued coping with stress. Last night, I went for a four mile walk with Chris. Today, I beat the hell out of my excavation unit with a pick-ax. :D

Going to start gathering addresses for the save the dates (damn this digital age, I never write down anyone's address!). Also, some serious wedding dress looking at times are coming!

Namaste :)

4 comments:

  1. The venue is beautiful!! I'm glad you have enjoyed making some plans. Keep that stress at bay!! Being engaged was one of the most fun times I've ever had. Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! My hubby and I had a renaissance wedding and our venue looked very much like your church!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Love love love the church and the camp! Try to keep the stress at bay and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete