Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cabins and nice times!

Had an amazing weekend!

The party I went to is a huge gathering of our friends, we all stay in cabins and play music all weekend (tons of musicians in this group, there are several bands and DJs that play from about 2 PM to 6 AM!).

I had a phenomenal time!

Lots of dancing, riding my bike around to all the cabins, lots of conversation, sleeping in a cozy little one room cabin with Chris. :)

I got a decent amount of sleep for this type of a weekend. Last year, I got maybe 5 hours total between Friday and Saturday night. This year, I slept at least 5 hours each night! Chris and I actually overslept on Saturday morning because our clock was still on Vancouver time and we were 3 hours behind, haha. Oh, well! We needed the sleep.

I was so busy loving my friends and the music and the beautiful weather/environment that I didn't worry about food too much. I ate pretty light, actually. I made sure to eat enough fuel to keep strong, but I would say I ate less than I typically do during a normal day. I also stayed way more paleo than not (ate lots of meat and vegetables, actually!). My chosen cheat this weekend was vodka, heh... I made a vodka, cranberry juice and seltzer drink all weekend.

I managed to not eat all the chips, cookies, cheese and crackers, etc. that were all over the place all weekend. Ate my burger without the bun. I felt pretty good about my strength in this matter, especially because I was not very sober for most of the time. Indulging in the food wasn't important to me. It wouldn't have made me feel as good as all the laughing and great times with my friends.

I won't let food rule my life any more!

That's not to say I don't still eat for pleasure :D When Chris and I got home (a little hungover and exhausted), I made a paleo milkshake with almond milk and coconut milk ice cream and a banana. AMAZING. I also ate sweet potato chips while drinking the milkshake. That was pure pleasure. Then I took a nap. It was pretty nice :D

This isn't deprivation for me, it is finding a balance.

2 comments:

  1. Milkshake + sweet potat chips = awesome!!! Love the salty and sweet combo. Sounds like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're accomplishing balance beautifully!

    ReplyDelete