Friday, October 25, 2013

Post Vacation Weigh In


First, here's a picture off at the Fushimi Inari shrine in Kyoto (they filmed parts of Memoirs of a Geisha here). This shrine was sooo beautiful, with thousands of orange Torii gates winding up and up and UP a hill (we were sweating by the time we got to the top) and tons of little shrines to see along the way.

But this was on our last day. I will do a post with some pictures from the start of our trip (Tokyo) soon. But I am still jet lagged and getting realllllllllly tired during the day. Lots of sleeping the past two days!

But anyway, I decided to weigh in, just to see how my weight was doing. Remember I said I wanted to maintain my weight while on vacation? I was scared I didn't because I ate a LOT. Lots of gluten products, too (bakeries are super common in Japan! They love their sweets). And bread/rice/noodles were a lot more common to find than a meat and veggie meal. I also drank my fair share of Asahi beer (mmm, new favorite beer).

I weighed in today at 6 PM, for some odd reason I just got the urge to, even though I usually weigh in around 8 AM after waking up, post-bathroom, pre-food.

But, still, I weighed exactly 121 pounds!!!!

Success!!

No weight gain (as I was weighing 120-121 consistently for the week leading up to vacation). :D

Feeling great. I thought I had eaten too much on vacation, but I was also insanely active (around 10 miles of walking a day!), so I guess it all evened out. I tried to eat salads when I could, but the lure of nice meals with my husband on honeymoon called to me. I'm glad to see that even though I indulged, I didn't go crazy and maintained my weight.

Just wanted to let you all know!

Namaste <3

2 comments:

  1. Yay - glad you're back! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! you look awesome. Can't wait to see more photos. Very good that you maintained.

    ReplyDelete