Saturday, January 31, 2015

NOT going to the Souper Fry Bowl!

It's the weekend and I'm pretty excited, I slept in this morning (till 7:30, which feels AMAZING to me! I got to wake up when the sun was up!) and will have a quiet day today. Chris took Koda hiking (a 17 mile hike.. And it's going to be something like 1° out where he's hiking, which is sort of a dealbreaker for me. I prefer to hike in at least 15 to 25° in the winter, otherwise I can't even take my gloves off to eat and it can get really uncomfortable really fast).

I plan to do yoga, catch up on a show I missed, buy some dog food and dive back into my dissertation (I took a frustration break haha).

Tomorrow we are going skiing! Cheap lift tickets PLUS it is Super Bowl Sunday, which I have less than no interest in, but a lot of people do, so the ski mountains tend to be a little quieter during the Super Bowl :) I will take advantage of open slopes and shorter lines!

Super Bowl Sunday is also a big gorge fest, which is not something I want to participate in at all. My friend is hosting a huge Super Bowl party, maybe 30 people are going at this point!, but it is called the Souper Fry Bowl Party.... Hahaha. Everyone is supposed to bring a dish that is either 1) Soup 2) Fries and assorted dipping sauces 3) Typical football food like wings.

I made the (not hard at all) decision not to go. It is a party that is more about the food and eating than about the Super Bowl, even. So even though I love all the people that are going, and would love to hang out with them, it's just not the right environment for me right now. And, I had a really, really, really social January. I did a lot of things with a lot of my favorite people in the world. I feel satiated! Time to ski :)

I struggled a lot with my food in January. And I'm weighing in at 126 right now, still, even after a week of getting completely back to normal. A party whose main focus is food (and the delighted, gluttonous consumption of it!) isn't right. I'm not confident I would make the best decisions.

Chris and I usually go either hiking or skiing on Super Bowl Sunday, anyway. It is one social event that we don't really get excited about or want to participate in. I sometimes feel weird telling my friends I'm not going to their party, but what are you going to do?

Hopefully after a week, weekend, and many more weeks and weekends in the future, of sticking to my Paleo template and other healthy behaviors, my weight will normalize. I think my body is going to take some time to heal from all the crap I put into it in January.

Hope you all have a great weekend! And for those of you that love the Super Bowl,  enjoy and don't binge on fried food!!! ;)

I'll leave you with a couple pictures:

Sunset last night-


Beautiful hawk in the parking garage at my work taking shelter from a snowstorm-


My sleepy family-



<3

6 comments:

  1. I think you made a good decision in regard to not going to the Super Bowl party. We made the same decision. We don't have a personal interest in the game, and to sit surrounded by high fat and high caloric food (that we would both enjoy) for several hours is just asking for a bad food hangover and additional pounds come Monday morning. Sometimes you have to just take care of yourself...and you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever go back to the Vinyasa studio? Hot yoga is my favorite thing on a cold morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your choice of not attending the party was pretty smart. I had to giggle at you sleeping in until 7:30 lol That is something I would say and people give me crazy look! I wish I could sleep past 5-530 ..my body just refuses to even when its my day off! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise choices. :)

    It's just going to be 3 of us for the Super Bowl. I'll be eating ribs (assuming we can find ribs today), a few Buffalo wings, and the toppings from a couple of loaded potato skins (meaning cheese, bacon, sour cream, green onions. I don't need or want the potato skins themselves.) (LOL) If there is any dip, I'll be dipping celery or broccoli, not chips. And a glass or two of champagne. I DO care about the game...and even moreso the commercials. I stand to win over $120 if Seattle wins, although I hate Seattle. LOL

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rooting for the puppies! :-) Skipping the party as well, made a couple of homemade jalapeno poppers (stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon, no grain) which I will have, but that's probably about it other than my usual meals. I'd like to see friends, but eh, we can socialize another time. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete