Friday, July 11, 2014

Your tools

Below is a cool article that really encapsulates my belief systems about the importance of keeping your body healthy. I think a lot of people fail at keeping their bodies healthy because they think they're doing it just for the sake of having their body be healthy. Or doing it for specific body shape. 

What they don't realize is that the end goal isn't to have a healthy strong body. The end goal is to have a healthy strong body that can help you live your life to the fullest. That can carry you through this world to experience all the amazing things. To live a long life so you can have those relationships and build those relationships with people you love.

Your body is a tool that you must take care of like you take care of any other tool that's important to your life.

The article:

http://momastery.com/blog/2014/07/06/body-masterpiece/

And when you truly think about it from that perspective, it's so much easier to make those good decisions. Because what is more valuable than your life and your love and those you love?

So, anyway, things are going just as before work. Still packing my lunches and walking stairs. Still weighing in at 123.6 pounds.

But feeling busy and overwhelmed to cram in all those things I used to do with the dog and the cat and the house and my life with missing eight hours in the day for work.

Learning process!

Back to work :)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to that interesting article. I'd never thought about it that way before. Some food for thought for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic article. This is the way I've viewed my goal for a very long time. I have no ambition for my body to look a certain way (and having been 320 at one point, I know I will always have droopy skin, stretch marks and be odd shaped...and I'm really okay with that). My goal has always been that "I want a body that will let me...." rock climb, hike without feeling like I'm dying...etc. The goal has never been to be a size 8, or to have a perfect 6 pack. But I know so many woman who have goals like that.

    Right now, I guess my goal is to have a body healthy enough to create life, and for us both to be able to make it through pregnancy and labor without health issues...and we are! So that is what I'm focusing on...not how this body looks, or it's size...but what it's capable of.

    Fantastic article! Thanks for sharing and for the reminder of what my true goals are ;)

    ReplyDelete