Saturday, July 12, 2014

Dinner Out

Chris took me out to dinner last night to celebrate my first week at work. He took me to my favorite place right near our house.

It was lovely!

We shared a crab cake appetizer. I had a beautiful entrée. It was one of their specials. It was fresh caught halibut with artichoke hearts and arugula, red quinoa, and a red pepper coulis. Soooo good!! I love to order something really special, really unique, with really beautiful ingredients when I go out. To make those extra calories worth it!! 

We also shared a dessert that was the chefs take on strawberry shortcake, the cake was more of a doughnut type thing. So that was our very much not Paleo part of dinner. Like I said in the post a few months ago, we go out to eat so very rarely, that when we do, staying Paleo is not my number one concern. I'm not the type of person who can't get right back on the wagon the next day if I have a dinner off plan the night before.

So I slept in this morning while Chris woke up very early to head north to do trail work-- I just didn't have the energy!

Going to take the dog on a super long walk and maybe do something else active today, like ride my bike.

Namaste <3

5 comments:

  1. Got to do what works for you. Everyone's Paleo percentage/template is different. Congrats on your first week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my one rootbeer float of the summer last night. Don't normally do pop.also do not do dairy. Once a summer thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first week! The dinner sounds like a lovely celebration with some yummy foods. You don't veer of track very often so when you do it's nice that you can enjoy well prepared food making the time even more special. Hope you enjoy your walk and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed your first week! :)

    ReplyDelete