Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Balance

My weekend was on opposite ends of the spectrum!

Saturday, I went to my uncle's 25th anniversary - an Italian feast. You know, food, food, and more food! I ate a serving of fried calamari because I LOVE it, some antipasto, and only about 1/4 of my meal (roast chicken ... I couldn't really eat it because it was INSANELY salty). I also had less than 1/2 a normal piece of cake. It was delicious, but I knew I had already indulged in the calamari.

I had eaten really well prior to this event, and if I was still a calorie tracker, I would guesstimate (and I was always spot on with my calorie measurements when I had to guess and look them up later!) that I only ate a little over normal on Saturday!

Sunday, however, was a whole different ball game. A long, rugged hike in the Adirondacks (mileage estimates vary, as it is not a blazed trail, but anywhere from 11-13 miles is a good guess) with friends :) The weather was actually very beautiful - not very cold, lots of pretty sunshine AND snow flurries. Yes, sun and snow at the same time!!

It was an unforgettable hike, really lovely:


And for the first time in a long time, I ate really normally for a big hike day - just a little bit more food than normal to makeup for the big energy expenditure, but not overdoing it! 

So, pretty happy overall with my behavior this weekend.. not even going to talk about Monday, it was a pretty stereotypical awful Monday, hahaha.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment