Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Celebration

Chris and I always do a little something for Valentine's Day... Sometimes we ski or hike, sometimes we take a day trip somewhere, sometimes have a dinner out. But we always get each other cards and small gifts. We're not big into over-celebrating holidays, but it's a nice time of year to sort of celebrate being in love :-)

Hehe... I'm tickled by the card I got him:



He got me a pretty card, flowers, a cute Adirondacks bear and chocolate covered strawberries!





I love chocolate covered strawberries, one of the better flavor combinations in this world!! It's a nice indulgence to have 2-3 and not over-do it, too. He knows me, that I like treats but NOT ones that are worth a whole day's calories!

Yesterday at work, my supervisor brought in cupcakes. I didn't have any. Our managers put cookies on everyone's desk, three beautiful cookies all wrapped up, as a gift for doing so well last month. It was harder to resist the cookies, because they were right in front of my face on my desk. At first, I put them in my drawer, thinking I would bring them home to Chris. But every time I opened my drawer, the temptation got more and more intense. I ended up putting the cookies on the shared food table with the cupcakes, for someone else to take them if they wanted.

I knew I would be having a sweet on Valentine's Day. I'm really dedicating myself to the idea that treats are not treats if you have them all the time. I have a new goal of not eating anything sweet at least four days a week. It's a good starting point to truly shake myself out of The habit of having dessert every day. It's not necessary.

Our meal out was breakfast (breakfast and lunch, for me. I never eat that much food for breakfast so I'm still pretty full even though it is well after my lunch time) at a cafe that serves local, organic, fresh foods.

I got a veggie omelet, gluten free toast, and shared a veggie hash with Chris:






Today was my first real "off Paleo" meal in weeks. It was a really tasty meal, too! It still was the quality of food that is important to me... Not processed, no chemicals/preservatives, and fresh! I enjoyed the bread and cheese, but it was one meal. Back to Paleo for the rest of the day and all the foreseeable days :)

My weight is still hanging around 125/126... My new normal? I don't want to try too hard to cut back on calories or up my exercise routine too much as I am more focused on just maintaining a fertile body right now. If I can have kids, I'd really like to! So I'm just keeping my actions focused on maintaining a healthy, strong body that is free of toxins. Weight has to be a less important priority.

Finished a morning off with a four mile city walk with Koda!


Next on the agenda after reading some blogs in bed is cleaning the fridge and working in my dissertation.

A nice Valentine's Day!!

<3

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful Valentine's day! Also, what a great menu - offering different oil or butter if requested... nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards.

    Kudos that you did not fall to the smells of the SAD. I've done the same thing before with pretty terrible outcomes. Once I stopped eating anything not brought by me ( fresh produce excluded), I finally stopped my binge eating. Ah, the baklava.

    Onward and Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete