Thursday, March 12, 2015

Red Fish Dinner and Lunch Prep

Last night we picked up some red fish at the supermarket - it was on sale and caught at sea (I don't buy farm raised fish because they are given antibiotics and treated with pesticides). Turned out really nice sauteed in olive oil, lemon, garlic and red onions! Chris spiced everything with Mexican spices (cumin, cayenne, etc) and we had roasted cauliflower, peas and avocado as sides. It was a really, really satisfying meal, maybe because of all the healthy fats in it. I was sated for the rest of the night:

 

But fish doesn't lend itself to leftovers (and you know my lunches are always dinner leftovers!) so we only ever buy just the portion we are going to eat for dinner. So Chris also roasted up some pork for our lunches.

I wanted to show you my system for lunch:


I pack everything up the night before, stick it in the fridge and just grab and go in the morning. I like making lunch without time pressure - I make better decisions!

Lunch today: Pork and roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower, peas, beets, cantaloupe and grapes! I have a snack of raisins and pepitas if I get hungry.

I am still hanging out anywhere between 125-127 as far as weight goes. I'm weighing in about every other day, just to check in and make sure I am not constantly gaining. I am not trying to lose, either. Just trying to eat good foods in the portions my body needs and stay active. No eating under-calories or going crazy with exercise. Working on being balanced :)

Have a great day <3

4 comments:

  1. Love red fish! Good call on the wild caught.

    Great system for lunches! Mine is very similar also and keeps me on track these days.

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do something very similar for lunches. So much easier to grab them and toss them in the lockbox in the morning rather than prepping something at 6 AM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful 'red fish dinner'

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete